Dallas Vein Specialists
Varicose Veins, Venous Leg Ulcers & Spider Vein Treatment Clinic
Dr. Whiddon of Dallas Vein Specialists focuses on disorders and diseases of the veins with special emphasis on vein problems of the lower extremities – problems like varicose veins , spider veins , venous leg ulcers , prominent eye veins and more. Diagnostic and treatment measures are performed in office using state-of-the-art equipment and techniques, including Sclerotherapy , Laser Vein Removal (EVLT) , Microphlebectomy (Ambulatory Phlebectomy) and Ultrasound-guided therapy. The emphasis at Dallas Vein Specialists is to obtain the best outcome with minimal or no pain and discomfort and to ensure a quick return to normal activities. Dr. Whiddon’s emphasis is always on achieving the best aesthetic results for his patients.
For more information on Dallas Vein Specialists
Dr. Lonnie L. Whiddon
Board Certified Phlebologist – Dallas Vein Disease Specialist
- General Surgery Residency University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- CardioThoracic Surgery Residency New York University Hospital and Bellevue Hospital
- First Successful Heart Transplant in North Texas
- Performed over 100 heart transplants
- Performed the heart transplant of the world’s first triple organ transplant procedure
- Best Doctors in Texas – Texas Monthly
- Best Doctors in Dallas – D -Magazine
- Board Certified in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Diplomate of the American Board of Phlebology (the diagnosis and treatment of vein diseases)
For more information on Dr. Lonnie Whiddon
Introducing CLaCS (Cryo Laser Cryo Sclerotherapy)
A Revolutionary New Treatment for Spider Veins and Prominent Blue Veins of the Legs and Feet
CLaCS (Cryo Laser Cryo Sclerotherapy) treats both the surface spider veins and the “feeder veins” below the spider veins. The treatment consists of the following:
- Visualization of the below skin “feeder veins” using augmented reality (VeinViewer) allowing targeting for treatment
- Laser treatment of the “feeder veins” below the skin
- Laser treatment of the spider veins
- Sclerotherapy of the “feeder veins”
- Sclerotherapy of the spider veins
- Skin anesthesia: a numbing of the skin during the laser and injections with ice cold air blown on the skin resulting in minimal discomfort
CLaCS results in better aesthetic appearance of the legs with more permanent results. Dallas Vein Specialists is the first to offer this remarkable procedure.
For more information on CLaCS
Bulging or Dark Veins beneath or about the Eyes
What to do about veins that bulge or cause dark lines beneath or along side the eyes (on the temples)? Now there is a safe and effective treatment that will eliminate these unsightly veins without surgery or injections of chemicals.
At Dallas Vein Specialists we offer the best and safest treatment using a transdermal laser that targets only the vein leaving no skin damage. Over 2 to 4 treatments, usually performed 1-2 weeks apart, the vein or veins gradually diminish in size and finally are totally eliminated. Our results and patient satisfaction are excellent.
For more information on Veins around the Eyes
BEST DOCTORS 2013 - D Magazine
Dr. Whiddon among D Magazine's 2013 "Best Doctors"
Dr. Whiddon has been named as one of D Magazine’s BEST DOCTORS in Vascular Surgery for 2013. D Magazine asked 8,835 local doctors to vote for up to 3 doctors in 43 categories. They are asked to vote for doctors considering the following question: “Which Dallas doctors would you trust with the care of a loved one?” Doctors cannot pay to be listed.
Dallas Vein Specialists on CBS Channel 11
CoolTouch Laser Ablation
CBS Channel 11 news segment
on varicose veins that aired August 2, 2012.
The news crew visited Dallas Vein Specialists and interviewed a varicose vein patient. The patient’s CoolTouch laser ablation procedure was filmed as performed by Dr. Whiddon.
Varicose Veins: Symptoms and Causes
Shannon Miller Lifestyle
Dr. Whiddon was recently interviewed for a Health and Fitness website for Women. Read the full article on Varicose veins at Shannon Miller Lifestyle.
The Latest, Most Effective Procedure to Remove Unsightly Spider Veins
Dr. Whiddon discusses the CLaCS Procedure
At the International Meeting on Aesthetic Phlebology at Trancosa, Bahia, Brazil I was impressed with what I saw and heard about how to eradicate spider veins (telangiectases) and prominent blue or green veins (reticular veins) of the legs…
For more information on the latest, most effective procedure to remove unsightly Spider Veins